Guri på tur

Out and about in... China!

07 november 2006

The beach and Cusco.

I'm writing some of the stuff I'm doing i norwegian and some in english, because writing everything in both would just be incredibly timeconsuming (and boring) for me... This probably works out fine for my norwegianspeaking readers, but is maybe a bit sad for the englishspeaking ones.
Anyway.

Saturday evning me and a swedish girl, Karin, went to one of her friends beach house with a bunch of her friends to have a barbecue/party and hang out on the beach the next day.

We were supposed to go around 19.30, but beiing in Peru we didn´t get going until at least 22.00. That´s kinda the way things work around here, nothing is ever on time (ok, sometimes it is, but...). I guess the timeperspective around here would have fitted my dad nicely (hi dad).

The drive from Lima took more than an hour. On the way out (and back on sunday) I got to see some sides of Lima that I had not seen yet. in other words, the more poorer parts of town. The differences here are incredibly big. The distanse between the life the poor people live and the way Karins rich peruan friends live is huge.

Anyway. When we finally reached the beach we were dead hungry and so ready for the barbecue/party. We had so much fun.
Around 4 in the morning we figured it was a good idea to go from the house to the beach, and it was so incredibly nice at night. You should have been there. I just stood and watched the sea for a long time (the others found that a bit strange).

The next morning turned out to be rather gray, so the chilling on the beach part of the trip suddenly didn't seem so tempting. However, being scandinavan I and karin had a sertain reputation to live up to, so we went swimming anyway (I'll post pics when I get home). The rest found this very exotic...
After the (rather could) swim, we went back to Lima.

Yesterday at two in the afternoon me and Signe (the friend I'm visiting here) hopped on a bus to Cusco. This morning at ten we arrived. Quite a long trip.
Now I'm finding myselves 3000 meters above sea level. I haven't gotten altitude sick, however I have, for the first time in my lifte, gotten carsick.
I'm telling you, the second floor of a dubledecker bus on really curvy roads is not really the best place to bee. Yuck.
I was sooooo happy when we stepped of the bus here in Cusco.

Tomorow we're going to machu Pichu, and later to the Titicaca lake and then to Nasca. I'm returing to norway on the 14th.

So long.

PS: Sorry for all the spellingmistakes, but I'm on an internetcafe, and running out of time....