Guri på tur

Out and about in... China!

11 november 2006

Lake Titicaca and penises

Tonight I slept more than 5 hours for the first time in at least a week. it was so nice.

Right now I´m finding myself in Puno by the lake Titicaca. I´m staying at a hostel that has "normal" showers, not electric showers (electrical showers = no pressure if ypu wants to have hot water). Yay. Usually we eigther spend the night on a bus or have to get upo at, like, 6 in the morning to catch some trein or bus.

Yesterday Signe and I went on a boattrip on the lake Titicaca. After about an hour we arrived a floating island (I can´t remember the name right now). Floating islands really are floating islands. We could feel how the island moved when a passing boat created waves. The floating islands are artificial, that means the people who live on them have made them. It can take as much as a year to create an island, and it only lasts for 20-30 years. According to the guid (who was both from the area and university educated) sevral thusands live on the islands. They have schools, shops, hospital etc.

The people on the island was very friendly (and extreemly eager to sell us souvenirs). I bought a boat made of reed and, well, a thing to hang in the window. When we had finished shopping and taking pictures the locals took us over to another, bigger floating island. At this time my memorycard was full (I really don´t like those guys who stole my last one. Grrr), so I missed most of it being busy transfering my pictures from my camera to my iPod. Darn.

After the floating islands we had a two hour boatride to get to a natrual (not artificial) island. So I slept. Signe too.

Arriving the other island it turned out we had to climb at least a 100 meters, not very impressing you might think, but remember we were alreday at 3800+ meter above sealeavel. Ok, still not very impressing. Got it.
Anyway, it was really picturesce.

At this altitude the sun is really strong, so me and Emma, some irish girl we met (she is really blond, like in blond hair and fair skin blond, hi Emma), was already turning red. Even though I wore spf 30 and she had 45 or 50 (!). My forhead hurts when I touch it.

After eating, taking pictures and buying even more souvenirs (we were really good tourists) we returnd to the boat to go back to the mainland.

We had a really nice day, and I don´t think I´ve ever bought that many souvenears before. Not even on an entire trip.

In the evning Signe, Emma, me and a Swiss guy I and Signe met on the train from machu pichu to cusco went for dinner. The place we ended up in played old hist panflute version, so we started joking about the music played in phonesupport lines and how "my heart will go on" panfluteversion is the worst of them all. And the they actually played "my heart will go on" panfluteversion. Oh my god. It was really hillarious. I suppose you had to bee there.
Anyway.

Today Signe, Emma and I went to see something called "tempel de fertilidad" (translate yourselves). To get there we had to take a combi (old van functioning as a bus) for twenty minutes.

The tempel was really small, though it looked like it at some point has been bigger. It was just one room full of relly big penises. Jupp, huge penises. In the middle it was a REALLY big one and a cunt/vagina (oh, how many sleasy hits from search engines I´m gonna get now). Accourding to our guides, two spanishspeaking kids, about 12, the tredision said that women were to pour chicha (corndrink with alcohol, yuck) over the penis, and if it hit the vagina she would get pregnant. That´s about when I realised I haden´t taken my pill yet. Anyway.
In the front of the vagina it was a smaller penis symbolising the baby boy she would get.

Right behind this penis/vagina/penis-thing was an ancient "cross". That was where the women were supposed to offer her child if she got a girl. Only boys were wanted, as they were neaded to fight the spanish...
Cruel.

The place was realy one of the funniest ruins I´ve ever seen + They had the best souveniears ever. Smal stone penises. So we bougt smal stone pnises.
Feel free to laugh if I get stoped in customs going back to Norway.

In an hour or two we are leving for Nasca. Tomorrow we hopefully (if the weather´s nice) will get at small plane to fly us over the Nasca lines.

4 Comments:

At 11:17 a.m., Anonymous Anonym said...

Neimen, heisann. Er du også på tur i Peru? Jøssenamn, det var tilfeldig!

Eg kan informere om at øya heiter Uros. Du kjøpte faktisk uro på Uro. Hahaha!

Og folkens; ikkje gløym å lese min versjon av turen og då!

 
At 11:21 a.m., Anonymous Anonym said...

Uro paa Uros.
Men du, kva heiter uro paa engelsk daa?

 
At 4:04 a.m., Anonymous Anonym said...

Hey Guri....

Where are your photos?? really excited to see your photos...

It's mark by the way... from australia...

 
At 9:31 a.m., Anonymous Anonym said...

Hi Mark :)

My internet died, it's been dead more or less since i came back from Peru, that's why i haven't posted any pics. But it's coming. I promise :D

 

Legg inn en kommentar

<< Home