Guri på tur

Out and about in... China!

17 mars 2008

China

I'm going to China. Tomorrow actually.
This means I've gotten a visa. The last time I had to have a visa to go somewhere I was 11 and didn't take care of it myself.

Getting a visa actually caused me som trouble. Not because China didn't want me, no, it was the Norwegian post system that ate my passport and visa on it's way from the Chinese embassy to me. Not so good.
So I had to start searching for it. At first I tried to make the post office tell me where it was. However, the post office didn't want to do that. They clamed it was impossible to find it without the reference number (which I know isn't true, as the reference number is connected to my name and can therefor be found by using my name in the search). So then I had to call the Chinese embassy to get the reference number, but they didn't pick up the phone (and note, this was today, I'm leaving early tomorrow). Luckily, I found an emergency number on their website, and, as this, I think, was an emergency I callled it. The phone was answered after just tree rings, by a man who spoke very well english and found my reference number in no time!

Now, with my reference number and a heartbreaking story of my badly needed passport and visa the post office was suddenly som much more helpeful. They told me it was still in oslo (that's on the compleatly different side of Norway), however it would reach bergen this night. They would check some things out and then call me back.
Half an hour later they called me back and told me it wasn't in Oslo at all, actually it was already in Bergen and would be taken to my lockal post office. Only a short walk from where I live.

I suppose it's no need to tell how relived I was.

Hopefully the actual trip to china will be a little less stressful...



My oh, so pretty, visa.